Friday, May 26, 2006

'Anonymous' Comments On Hackney Report

Most of our contributors provide their names when commenting on articles, but someone who wishes to remain anonymous has supplied a clutch of comments. Judging from the submission: “Labour runs better campaign [sic] than other parties, has improved council [sic] for 4 years… Jules Pipe is… popular and high profile…”, I presume that this person is a supporter of the Labour Party.

When these comments started to arrive I thought them sufficiently interesting to merit a separate article. However, they have started to descend into what I can only describe as smears and libels. Clearly I cannot tolerate this on my website whatever shade of political opinion the comments represent.

I have transferred the comments to the original article and added my own comments to them. To prevent future problems I have now added moderation to all comments. This means that any comment you post to this site will not appear until I have had a chance to check it for unpleasantness, prospective libel or other impropriety.

Unfortunately, as so often, it only takes one person to spoil things for the rest of us.